TUITION AND COSTS
We believe that access to the Dharma should not be limited to the wealthy. Buddha Dharma University therefore strives to provide high-quality, Internet-based Buddhist education at an extremely affordable cost. We are able to do this by not maintaining buildings and by our professors volunteering their services for the benefit of all beings. In addition, scholarships are available for students in need (Visit the Financial Aid page for more information).
One-Time Application Fee:
- $25 (25 USD)
Graduate Tuition and Associated Costs:
- $50 (50 USD) per course
- NOTE: This is our current cost based upon current overhead expenses. As expenses rise, this rate may change. If you are considering attending Buddha Dharma University, please apply and begin as soon as possible to avoid the coming tuition hike.
- A majority of our classes have a required book. These can be purchased used (e.g., from Amazon) to reduce costs. In addition, many classes have an electronic version of the book available if students are unable to afford the books.
- Starting at a yet to be determined date, Buddha Dharma University will offer courses leading to a post-graduate (doctorate) degree.
- Currently, we offer payment via PayPal. You’ll find the link to pay for your course(s) on our Application page. (NOTE: All payments must be made in USD.)
- Full refunds (less non-refundable $25 Application Fee) will be given if requested in writing within 7 days from the start of the quarter. Between 8 days and 14 days into the quarter, a 50% refund will be given. After 14 days, no refunds will be given.